Jane Louise Johnston, 19402018 (aged 77 years)

Name
Jane Louise /Johnston/
Given names
Jane Louise
Nickname
JJ
Surname
Johnston
Birth November 25, 1940 49
Death of a husbandBradley Michael Peters
May 18, 1998 (aged 57 years)
Cause: Esophageal cancer
Death of a motherMargaret Knoepke
about 1999 (aged 58 years)
Death of a husbandWallace James Mccarthy
May 31, 2017 (aged 76 years)

Note: Obituary:

Obituary:

McCarthy died May 31 2017 at age 93 after a short illness.

“In a business that is so very competitive, Wally was beloved by everybody,” said Scott Lambert, president of the Minnesota Auto Dealers Association. “He had a big personality. Anything you did, if Wally was involved it was always more interesting.”

Born in Rush City, McCarthy grew up in Newport. After his mother died when he was 7, his father disappeared for most of McCarthy’s childhood.

“He basically raised himself,” Jason McCarthy said, with neighboring families providing occasional meals. McCarthy and other Depression-era kids would walk the railroad tracks, picking up coal that had fallen off trains and bringing it home for the heating stove.

When McCarthy entered the Navy during World War II, “he thought it was awesome,” his son said. “He had electricity, running water and regular meals.” McCarthy served in naval intelligence and learned accounting. After the war, he got a job keeping the books at a car dealer. That led him to sales and eventually, ownership of a used-car lot.

He bought Lindahl Olds in the early 1960s and quickly turned it into the flagship of Oldsmobile, selling thousands of cars each year.

“He was the king of Oldsmobile,” Jason McCarthy said. “The people at General Motors used to say he must have ‘Oldsmobile’ tattooed on his you-know-what.”

McCarthy was “a man’s man,” said Paul Rubin, his business partner for 15 years and now an owner of the White Bear Lake Superstore, a Buick and GMC dealer.

“He was a hunter, fisherman, golfer, tennis player,” Rubin said. “Anything he did, he wanted to be the best.”

But McCarthy’s competitive nature was paired with a friendly, generous spirit. His philosophy was that the people who came to buy cars weren’t customers — they were friends and family, said his son.

“My dad’s door was always wide open,” Jason McCarthy said. “It wouldn’t matter if he had the president of General Motors or the governor of Minnesota in his office. If a customer wanted to come in and shoot the breeze, he’d stop what he was doing.”

McCarthy stepped back from running his businesses about 10 years ago but continued to visit the showroom floor every day he was in town. “He was sitting in his chair two weeks ago,” Jason McCarthy said. “He’d say, ‘I want to have my finger on the pulse.’ ”

In addition to Jason, McCarthy is survived by children Julie Feldmann, Candi McCarthy, Melanie McCarthy and Tom McCarthy; special friend, JoAnna Bame; 14 grandchildren and 25 great-grandchildren.

Death September 12, 2018 (aged 77 years)
Cause of death: Septic Infection
Note: Obituary:

Obituary: Jane Louise Johnston born on Nov 25, 1940 passed away on Sept 12, 2018 in Hudson Wisconsin.

Jane was a true “one of a kind”..... Never excepting the status quo... She always lived life to the fullest and never ever wanted to be a burden on anyone... She always looked at the glass is half-full... never half empty!! If there was an 80% chance of rain, she always said, “We have a 20% chance of sun!!” Always positive!! Always the ‘Wind Beneath Everyone’s Wings’. She was kind, caring, and a steadfast friend.... She attracted, cultivated, and kept friendships with her constant generosity and fun loving spirit.... Jane made life better and brighter for so many!! She was strong, graceful, and loving to the very last second. She will be dearly missed!! But her legacy, lessons, love, and joy will continue through all those she impacted.... She will be missed but never ever forgotten!!

Jane was proceeded in death by her parents Allyn F Johnston and Margaret Knoepke Johnston, her first husband Bradley M Peters Sr, and former husband Wallace J McCarthy. Jane was survived by her sons Bradley Peters Jr, Geoffrey McCarthy, Jason McCarthy, and a brother Allyn F Johnston and grandchildren Robert Peters and Colette Peters.

Family with parents
father
Private
mother
18911999
Birth: April 15, 1891New York, USA
Death: about 1999Summerville, South Carolina, USA
herself
Jane Johnston
19402018
Birth: November 25, 1940 49Ramsey Co, Minnesota, USA
Death: September 12, 2018Hudson, St. Croix Co, Wisconsin, USA
brother
Private
Family with Bradley Michael Peters
husband
Bradley Michael Peters
19371998
Birth: August 23, 1937 34 22St. Paul, Ramsey Co, Minnesota, USA
Death: May 18, 1998Dellwood, Washington Co, Minnesota, USA
herself
Jane Johnston
19402018
Birth: November 25, 1940 49Ramsey Co, Minnesota, USA
Death: September 12, 2018Hudson, St. Croix Co, Wisconsin, USA
son
Private
son
Private
Family with Wallace James Mccarthy
husband
herself
Jane Johnston
19402018
Birth: November 25, 1940 49Ramsey Co, Minnesota, USA
Death: September 12, 2018Hudson, St. Croix Co, Wisconsin, USA
child
Private
Bradley Michael Peters + Private
husband
Bradley Michael Peters
19371998
Birth: August 23, 1937 34 22St. Paul, Ramsey Co, Minnesota, USA
Death: May 18, 1998Dellwood, Washington Co, Minnesota, USA
partner’s partner
Private
Death

Obituary: Jane Louise Johnston born on Nov 25, 1940 passed away on Sept 12, 2018 in Hudson Wisconsin.

Jane was a true “one of a kind”..... Never excepting the status quo... She always lived life to the fullest and never ever wanted to be a burden on anyone... She always looked at the glass is half-full... never half empty!! If there was an 80% chance of rain, she always said, “We have a 20% chance of sun!!” Always positive!! Always the ‘Wind Beneath Everyone’s Wings’. She was kind, caring, and a steadfast friend.... She attracted, cultivated, and kept friendships with her constant generosity and fun loving spirit.... Jane made life better and brighter for so many!! She was strong, graceful, and loving to the very last second. She will be dearly missed!! But her legacy, lessons, love, and joy will continue through all those she impacted.... She will be missed but never ever forgotten!!

Jane was proceeded in death by her parents Allyn F Johnston and Margaret Knoepke Johnston, her first husband Bradley M Peters Sr, and former husband Wallace J McCarthy. Jane was survived by her sons Bradley Peters Jr, Geoffrey McCarthy, Jason McCarthy, and a brother Allyn F Johnston and grandchildren Robert Peters and Colette Peters.